We’ve got something to celebrate. We’ve got US!
All of us in our millions. All of us who get up and go to work every day to make Canada work. All of us who work together to make another world possible at work, in our neighbourhoods and in our nation.
We’re ready to celebrate all that: all our courage, strength, vision, defiance and our audacity. That’s what the Canadian Labour Institute for Social and Economic Fairness (CLI) will celebrate. All day. Every day. Win or lose.
We’re tired of all the talk about what we have to fear from THEM. It’s time to talk more about US—a lot more. It’s high time for us to talk about all we do to defeat them and that fear. Every day.
OUR GOAL at the CLI is to strengthen Canadian society and contribute to positive social change by providing progressive research, analysis and insights into the lives of everyday working Canadians, policy development based on what we find, and by initiating and planning campaigns in support of efforts to achieve social and economic fairness for all.
The Canadian Labour Institute works for:
- the expansion of labour rights for workers and unions
- maintenance of quality public services
- the development of a modern industrial strategy which is environmentally sustainable.
We are a non-profit research institute for the purposes of:
- undertaking statistical and social research in labour rights, public services, and industrial strategies
- promoting progressive public policy and campaigning in its support
- holding conferences for the discussion and exchange of views thereon
- establishing research projects and any other complementary purposes that are consistent with these objects.
Our goal is to be useful: to give moral support and practical advice to all the beautiful troublemakers out there. We don’t want to just protest. We want to help mobilize and liberate.
MOST OF THE WORK and projects undertaken by the Institute are done in cooperation and with the assistance of three partner organizations the Institute have established and continues to maintain. These partner organizations are:
- Canadian Foundation for Labour Rights
- Public Services Foundation of Canada
- Canadians for a Modern Industrial Strategy
We acknowledge the support of NUPGE Canada in helping establish the CLI in 2016.
Our team is joined together in our belief that the pursuit of social and economic fairness must be the bedrock on which we stand.
We believe that each of us have different paths to follow in order to fulfill our dream of a better place for all. Some of us focus on labour rights; others womans rights, LGBTQIA rights, environmental rights, human rights, economic rights, disability rights.....
We all believe that celebrating those on each path is life affirming!
The CLI team welcomes you. Join us and the countless others in your community, country and around the world who are doing, are celebrating and have the courage to act!
If you can/want to join our CLI team to help us in gathering stories, or alerting us to people in your community who are doing good stuff, then let us know.