UNION SOLIDARITY TAKES IN THE WHOLE WORLD. It always has.
When unions say “an injury to one is an injury to all” they mean everybody, everywhere. World history is full of examples:
- unions opposed military dictatorships in Latin America in the 1970s
- unions supported Solidarność and the pro-democracy movement in Poland in the 1980s
- unions lead the boycott campaign against South African Apartheid
- unions play a key role in the fight to slow global warming and keep our planet a place fit for all living things for future generations.
Unions never stop working to support the poor and disenfranchised around the world:
- campaigning against child labour
- working in partnership with humanitarian organizations on the AIDS crisis in Africa
- providing international disaster relief to countries that have been stricken by war, famine, or earthquakes.
Unions are, always have been and will continue to be a force for good in Canada and everywhere in the world.